Voices in CME-CPD
The theme of this year's meeting is "Voices in CME-CPD". We will address this from three angles, we will look at external voices in CME-CPD, not just listening to learners or patients, but the many other groups and organisations that can help with information and data to support us when designing, developing or delivering CME - it overlaps nicely with the theme of this year's Journal of CME Special Collection. We will also examine our own, internal voices, how we can learn from and support each other. The third part takes a look at how we need to listen to each other, and how we can come together to work more collaboratively in European and global CME-CPD. We will unravel who is calling for what by way of quality and independence, identify the decision-makers and influencers - perhaps even work out who is listening, to whom, and to what!
The meeting will be in-person only taking place 8-10 November 2023, at the Hotel NH Den Haag, The Hague, The Netherlands.
If you are interested in submitting a Poster, which may also be selected for Oral Presentation, more information can be found here.
The agenda will draw heavily on the Annual CME Survey. Whether or not you will be joining us in The Hague make sure you add your voice! You will get a 10% discount as a thank you.
Here is an overview to give you an idea of our approach and to help with your timings. This will be adapted and amended as plans are finalised.
Wednesday 8 November 2023
9.30-12.30 Pre-meeting workshops led by the key stakeholders in European and global CME-CPD
- Education providers with the Good CME Practice group (gCMEp)
- Pharmaceutical and biotech industry hosted by the International Pharmaceutical Alliance for CME (iPACME)
- Medical societies represented by members of the Biomedical Alliance in Europe (BioMed Alliance) and AC Forum
13.30 Opening of the 16th Annual European CME Forum
Part 1: Listening to others
14.00-15.30 Journal of CME 2023 Special Collection: Expanding the voices in CME-CPD
- A review of some of the papers accepted for this year's special collection
Oral Presentation 1
16.00-17.30 Wednesday workshops
- An opportunity to take a deeper dive with experts in: evaluating effectiveness of CME, Quality Improvement (QI), developing grant proposals and optimising HCP engagement
17.30 End of Day 1 with networking reception
Thursday 9 November 2023
9.00 Day 2 start
9.00-10.30 Wednesday Workshops Reflection
- Plenary session to engage with the workshop leaders discussing the outcomes of their sessions
Oral Presentation 2
Part 2: Listening to ourselves
11.00-12.30 1 - Designing and implementing programmes
- The first of three plenary and break-out sessions taking a deeper dive into the key developments, considerations and challenges by overall topic.
12.45-13.30 Getting to know our audience
- A lunchtime Q&A with a selection of local healthcare professionals discussing their opinion of CME and the education they receive
14.00-15.30 2 - Measuring and reporting outcomes
16.00-17.30 3 - Valuing and defining independence
17.30 End of Day 2 with networking reception
Friday 10 November 2023
9.00 Day 3 start
Part 3: Listening to each other
9.00-10.30 How CME-CPD is implemented around the world
- A review of CME-CPD practice in other parts of the world
Oral Presentation 3
Update from the Journal of CME
What the future holds panel discussion
The CME Unsession
- Making sure that no-one leaves the meeting with any final unanswered question
12.30 Meeting close
In co-operation with